Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What?




Could somebody help me? There is a question that I just am not quite sure how to answer any more. I knew how to answer it before.....for years and years and years I answered it the same way....but now all of a sudden I am stumped...at a loss for words maybe.......nahhhh that can't be it......that's only happened once I think....just kidding....it's never happened....anyway, we could argue that all day...here's the question...."How are you today?"
First off, we can rule out "Fine" cuz' I'm not fine....I don't want to give some cutesie pat answer because that will just sound like some cutesie pat answer...
I don't want it to be fake or phony or condescending.....nothing "corny spiritual"...ok so where are we now....no cutesie, pat, fake, phony, corny spiritual,...I don't want to lie...well...I don't want to lie about this....don't get me wrong, I want to lie as much as you do in the course of the day...like if your friend has totally gone awry on her latest choice of Loreal hair color...or the lady sitting next to you at the airport asks if you would mind if she changes her baby's "we just tried prunes for the first time" diaper right there instead of using the changing table in the Ladies room that is 10 feet away.....you get my drift (the 80's just called and they want their phrase back)....bottom line...don't want to lie...
So now what? Really....I'm asking....what do I say? Cancer here, there and everywhere?..radiation?...tired?...yada yada....can you yada yada cancer? (who got that?)
What would you say?

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Carolyn Culbertson said...

Be briefly factual - in treatment, not feeling too bad right now, scared but appreciating all the love I get from friends, family and God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree