Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

"THE FAMILY HOLIDAY" ...(this film may contain scenes of violence)

How do you have the perfect vacation anyway? When each person has their own idea of what a vacation should be like and none of them match eachother. You have one person who wants to see all the sights, one who wants to shop the whole time, one who wants to sleep the whole time and one
compliant member who just goes with the flow (does anyone still say that...goes with the flow?)
Of course everyone's goal is to have a fun time and come home with wonderful family memories...but I have plenty of memories of shopping at Wal-Mart and falling asleep to the TV....so how is it supposed to work? You may be thinking right now.."Isn't she reading that Love and Logic book? I thought that was supposed to be helping." And the answer to that is "No." Well, yes and no. I did read the first few chapters and then I spent some time making some summer memories at Wal-mart...and then a few memories of choosing some plants for the garden...then some memories of a few trips to the grocery store etc...and before you know it, here I am, in Victoria, BC, on family vacation, wishing I had read a few more chapters.
For now I guess you give everyone a taste of what they want...a few museums, a bit of shopping, a few naps and a bit of time in the pool....I bet that is what Love and Logic would say....because to me that sounds both loving and logical..however, this is a family vacation after all....one of those life experiences that somehow always seems to defy logic.
Well, here's to making the best of it all, and to the couple in the room across the courtyard closing their curtains before my kids come back from the pool!
(Photo courtesy of www.thecampingmachine.com)

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

I like how you have used my photo of the 'Shadow Family' in your blog. I don't mind but I would appreciate a link to or mention of my website, www.thecampingmachine.com, in your post.

I'd also like to know how you originally found my photo. I assume a google image search but my stat counter does not tell me what phrase was entered to find the image. If you wouldn't mind sharing that with me I would greatly appreciate it.

You have a very nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree