Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kum-By-Yah my teen


So today I have decided to begin reading a new book. This is a bigger deal than it may sound because I am setting aside the "Walk with Jane Austen" just to read said book. For those of you who know me, I don't just "set aside" anything Jane Austen, so you now have some idea the level of which I am needing some advice. That being said the name of the book is Parenting Teens with Love and Logic. I have decided to read this book because my method of parenting teens with anger and mental instability doesn't seem to be working.
To be honest I was a bit offended at first thinking to myself, " I love my daughter....are you suggesting that I don't love my daughter? And furthermore are you saying that I have to be told how to think logically?" I always thought I did have both love and logic.
But the more I thought about it, the more I had to admit that the love has somehow morphed into just your run of the mill genetic connection and the logic....well......what logic? I like to think of it more as survival.
So the adventure is about to begin and I will keep you updated. Hopefully we will be singing Kum-by-yah by the end of the week....if all goes as planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree