Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Brilliant!



So in an effort to enlighten the masses, I am stepping a bit out of character today. Someone once said, "You can't fix stupid" but I beg to differ. I think in some cases you can, because I think in most cases stupid just comes from a total lack of information, (exacerbated by the seeming oblivion that it would be in that person's best interest not to flaunt their ignorance).

For example: I think it is stupid to assume.....anytime, anywhere, with anyone. Mother's of Aspie kids will forever be grateful if those assuming people in their lives would just kindly knock it off! Oh we see your eyeballs when they roll like Nascar tires and I really only have one response to that......"Trade ya?!" For one month let's trade......no sleep, panic attacks, sensory battles, social dramas, hygiene refusal, no hugs from your kid, stimming.....

When the state's most brilliant minds on the subject have been unable to provide viable solutions, let's see if your whispered wisdom fixes everything.....I would be glad to give it a try because the thousands of dollars I have spent on Dr.'s, and the hundreds of books/articles I have read I guess left out the one key ingredient...they forgot to get your advice.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Laurie, Have you tried... just kidding! ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree