Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Coffee....the juice of life!!!!!!


It was late and it had been a long day. The last thing I do before bed is.......wait, let me correct myself, the last thing we do before bed, is set up the coffee pot for the next morning. You see, lately it has become quite a bit more important to give credit where it is due. For the past 16 years, 2 months, and 24 days I have made the coffee. When Chad left for work at 5 a.m. I was up at 4:15 making coffee. No, no, no don't get me wrong...I am not looking for a pat on the back. I just want my husband to know how much I appreciate his making coffee, on occassion, for the past 2 months of our marriage (including yesterday morning) just in case he didn't pick up on that after last night's conversation.

Laurie: (grasping the empty coffee canister) Hey....(directed at Chad seated at the computer) is there more coffee?

Chad: Ya, I think there is some in that bag on the counter.

Laurie: I don't see a bag. Where is it?

Chad: I just assumed it was there on the counter.

Laurie: Did you see it?

Chad: I remember seeing a bag on the counter at some point.

Laurie: Did you notice that there were only 5 individual grounds left in the cannister this morning after you made coffee?

Chad: Ya I saw that.

Laurie: Why didn't you say anthing.?!We could have picked some up at the store today! Now when I am up at 5 am tomorrow I won't have any coffee! AARRGGHH!!!

Chad: You probably should have bought some more when you emptied the bag into the cannister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree