Aspie adventures....female style

Doing my best to enjoy parenting a teenage daughter with Asperger's Syndrome.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Oatmeal and cleaning the pantry

There's something about oatmeal with just a little peanut butter and some maple syrup that is comforting. It has to be thick so not much water. Thicker is better, more like what the pioneers must have had....and they ate it and were happy. I too eat it and am somehow happier.
When I go to the store to buy the oatmeal, the checker always asks me if I want paper or plastic bags. Our paper bags don't have handles on them (I know some do) so I occassionally ask for plastic...because there are days when I need to have a handle on at least one thing in my life...and if that thing is a plastic bag, then so be it. Today is one of those days. So I start my day with thick pioneer oatmeal and then I clean my pantry. The word pantry also conjures up a simpler time when people didn't realize that there would someday be hundreds of books on parenting and people telling them that they should up their medication or make smiley faces on popsicle sticks in order to communicate with their aspie kid because all else has failed up to this point. In the olden days they just put food in their pantry and were happy (unless of course someone on a nearby farm had "consumption" and then everything began to spin out of control) But I will believe that my farm and the farms around me are free of contagious things and clean my pantry and be happier for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online College Degree